Informational Hockey Meeting
2018-2019 Hockey Season
Teamsnap used for communication from the Teams to the Players
St Mary’s Hockey Website has a wealth of information – www.stmaryshockey.com
Summer Evaluation Skating Dates:
- Freshman & Sophomore skates May 31st 6:45-8pm , June 1st 7-8:30pm
- Junior & Senior skates May 31st 8pm-9:15pm
- Skates are at DSC
Summer Program – 3 Teams, Varsity Red, Varsity White, JV
- Varsity Red- 2 Tournaments
- Traverse City- June 15-17th
- Flint Powers- July 13th-15th
- Varsity White- Will play in the summer league – www.glshl.com
- Junior Varsity- Will play in summer league – www.glshl.com
- All teams will have off- ice once or twice a week in summer
Summer High Endurance Camp: www.highendurancehockey.com
- June 18th-Aug 10th
- 8am-10:30am Mon – Thur. No camp July 4th week
- Limited skating first week because of Testing
Fall Program – 3 Teams, Varsity, JV Red, JV White
- Skill Skates run by TPH- Start Date Aug 27th
- Power Skating Power Tech- Start Date Sept 10th
- Times vary depending on game schedule (after school)
- On ice a minimum of 4 days per week and 2 off ice sessions
- Varsity will play in the Cranbrook League – Sept
- JV Teams will play 12-14 games- Sept
MHSAA Season: (Winter Program)
- Starts Oct 30th– March 9th
- JV Teams have one morning skate per week
- Schedules are being made currently and will be available in September
- Off ice is run by James Gonzales – Strength Coach
- Goalie skill skate Wed Mornings
Q and A –
- High Endurance Camp encouraged for Freshmen and Sophomores, but not Mandatory.
- Summer Program Games very casual as far as attendance goes, just keep the coaches informed.
- Summer Program off-ice Program not as casual as games.
- Players are always being evaluated and moved to teams that are best to develop the player. You can move up and down depending on what the coaches see as best for you.
- There is Goalie, Defense and Forward specific training at the High Endurance Camp.